68 1 LINKEDIN 2 COMMENTMORE

Authorities released the names of the suspected Stockton bank robbers who died after a gun battle with police Wednesday.

They were 30-year-old Gilbert Renteria Jr. and 27-year-old Alex Gregory Martinez, both of Stockton. Stockton police previously said both men were documented Norteno gang members with criminal records.

Renteria, Jr. and Martinez, along with a third surviving suspect, 19-year-old Jaime Ramos, are accused of robbing the Bank of the West on Thornton Avenue at gunpoint. Police said they took three women as hostages and the SUV of one of the hostages. A one-hour police pursuit ensued in north Stockton, Highway 99, Lodi, Morada and Interstate 5 before culminating back in north Stockton.

Police said the suspects fired gunshots throughout the chase. Two of the hostages were shot and either pushed out or jumped from the SUV.

The pursuit ended in a shootout with the suspects and police in the area of Thornton Avenue and Otto Drive in Stockton. One suspect and the remaining hostage, identified as 40-year-old Misty Jean Holt-Singh, were pronounced dead at the scene. A second suspect died later that day at an area hospital.

Read or Share this story: http://on.news10.net/1mp04kx