The Sacramento Police Department sent the following information regarding road closures and expected traffic delays due to the opening leg of AMGEN Tour of California bike race beginning this Sunday, May 11.
The race begins at the California State Capitol at 10:50 a.m., heads north out of the city limits and ends at the capitol at approximately 3:30 p.m.
Downtown street closure from Friday, May 9, at 7 p.m. through Sunday, May 11, at 11 p.m.:
· 10th Street from N to L streets.
Saturday, May 10, at 7 a.m.:
·Traffic will be limited on L Street from 9th to 15th streets.
·12th Street from J Street to L Street will be closed with exception for Hyatt traffic/patrons only.
Sunday, May 11, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.:
· L Street closed from 9th to 15th streets.
Intermittent street closures Sunday from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.:
· West on L Street to 11th Street
· North on 9th Street
· West on F Street
· North on 7th Street
· West on Richards Boulevard
· North on Jibboom into Discovery Park
· West on Garden Highway until city limits
· Folsom Boulevard will have rolling closures between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Those planning to cross Folsom during that time frame will experience delays.
Parking will be limited along the race course.