Here's a look at some of the issues and races on the ballot for the Nov. 5 election, as well as links to help you find your polling place and get election results. Polls close at 8 p.m.
- County board of education seats in areas two and five.
- School board seats in the Denair, Gratton, Hart-Ransom, Knights Ferry, Oakdale, Riverbank, Turlock and Valley Home school districts.
- Board seats in the Denair and Keyes community service districts, the Burbank-Paradise Fire Protection District and the Modesto, Patterson and Turlock irrigation districts.
- Two City Council seats.
- Measure X, a six-year, 1% sales tax to pay for city services.
- Measure V, a recommendation that sewer services be extended to the airport neighborhood. Measure V is advisory and non-binding.
- City Council seats in districts two, four and five.
- Five city school board seats.
- Measure W, which would create a Community Facilities District to pay for streetlights, traffic signals and landscaping. It would replace two existing assessment districts.
- A City Council seat.
Get results after polls close: http://www.stanvote.com/past-results/results.htm
Find your polling place: http://qa.co.stanislaus.ca.us/ElectionsWeb/pollLocate.jsp
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY
- Measure A, a 3/4-cent sales tax to pay for safety and law enforcement services and to help the city recover from bankruptcy.
- Measure B, a recommendation that the city use 65 percent of the money raised through Measure A to pay for its Marshall Plan on Crime. The remainder of the money would be used to help the city recover from bankruptcy. Measure B is advisory and non-binding.
Get results after polls close: http://www.sjcrov.org/results.html
Find your polling place: http://www.sjcrov.org/poll_samples/pollplac.htm
- Seats on local irrigation district and water boards.
- City mayor.
- Three City Council seats.
- Measure J, which would consolidate mayor and City Council elections with statewide elections.
- Measure K, which would allow the city to continue to use a portion of a sales tax to pay for safety forces.
Find your polling place: http://apps.co.merced.ca.us/VoterPolling/pages/AddressLookup.aspx
EL DORADO COUNTY
- School board seats in the Gold Oak, Pioneer and Placerville school districts.
- Seats on the Grizzly Flats and Hillwood community service districts, the Rescue Fire Protection District and the El Dorado Irrigation District.
Get results after polls close: http://elections.edcgov.us/results.fwx
Find your polling place: http://elections.edcgov.us/poll_list.fwx
- Two school board seats in the Travis school district.
- Four City Council seats
- Measure E, which would consolidate general city elections with statewide elections.
Get results after polls close: http://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=17073
Find your polling place: http://www.solanocounty.com/depts/rov/november_6th_2012_general_election/pollinglookup.asp