AUBURN, Calif. - About a dozen guests attheMotel 6 at 1819 Auburn Ravine Road were stranded in the cold Monday morning due to a fire in one of the rooms.

Firefighters from Placer County, Auburn and Newcastle brigadesresponded to themotel around 4 a.m., evacuated the building and had the fire contained by 4:30 a.m.

One room was badly damaged by fire and several rooms on the second floorsuffered smoke damage, according to Battalion Chief Fred Lopez.

Following a subsequent investigation, Cal Fire declared the fire was accidentally sparked by a microwave in the room.

No injuries were reported.

Read or Share this story: