SACRAMENTO, CA - Five people were taken to the hospital after they mysteriously fainted inside of a home that was also a site for a marijuana grow operation Friday night.
Sacramento City Fire crews responded to a southSacramentohome on the 1100 block of Westlynn Way around 8:30 p.m. after getting a call that a person in the home fainted, Battalion Chief Jonathan Williams said.
When crews arrived at the scene, they found three men and two women passed out inside. Williams said the five people were transported to the hospital for treatment; they are expected to be okay.
Initially, it was believed that the five people possibly suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. However, doctors said they did not find any carbon monoxide in their system. It's unclear what caused the people to faint.
Inside of the home, crews found two propane tank heaters and pot plants. Sacramento police said even though there were less than 100 plants in the home, it was a site of a pot grow operation. It's unclear exactly what the propane heaters were used for; one was found in the kitchen to help cook food.
Hazmat crews were called to the scene and cleared out the inside of the home.