The second-time host's funniest quips and jabs from the evening.
Ellen DeGeneres kicked off her sophomore run as Oscar host in uproarious fashion, throwing playful jabs at Jennifer Lawrence and Jared Leto, cracking jokes about Dallas Buyers Club and "racist" Oscar voters, and taking pizza orders from the crowd. Here are some of her best lines from the evening:
• "He's from Somalia — a sommelier — so he knows a lot about wine. That is impressive. Who's the wine captain now?" — to Barkhad Abdi, nominated for his performance as a Somali pirate in Captain Phillips.
GALLERY: The 2014 Academy Awards red carpet
• "I have to say, one of the most impressive Liza Minnelli impersonators I've seen in my life. Really, seriously, good job, sir." — to Liza Minnelli.
• "Between all the nominees here tonight, you've done over 1,400 films ... and a total of six years of college."
• "You should think of yourself as winners. Not everyone, but all of you that have won before should."
• "Who are we kidding, it's The Hunger Games. There's cameras everywhere, you're starving and Jennifer Lawrence won last year."
• "If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar." — referencing Jennifer Lawrence's stumble while ascending the stairs to accept her best-actress award last year, and her similar mishap outside the theater earlier Sunday.
• "I'm not going to say who looks the most beautiful but it's clear: It's Jared Leto. Boy, is he pretty," referencing his transgender role in Dallas Buyers Club.
• "It deals with the serious issue of people that have sex at rodeos," DeGeneres said of Dallas Buyers Club. "Speaking of people that have sex at rodeos, Bruce Dern is here tonight."
• "I honestly have to say, you showed us something in that film that I haven't seen for a very long time." — speaking to Jonah Hill, referencing his character's prosthetic penis in The Wolf of Wall Street.
• "Possibility No. 1: 12 Years a Slave wins best picture. Possibility No. 2: You're all racists. And now, welcome our first white presenter, Anne Hathaway."
• "No, I don't want to see it." — later, to Jonah Hill.
• "I have this crazy idea that I will order pizza," DeGeneres said, after greeting the likes of Whoopi Goldberg and Martin Scorsese, and asking if they're hungry. "Two large, what'd you think?"
• "Where's Harvey Weinstein? Harvey? No pressure, only a billion people watching. Whatever you think is right." — asking the producer for tip money after handing out pizza slices to the crowd.
• "'You have the power' ... Oh, never mind." — DeGeneres, dressed in a Glinda the Good Witch costume, deciding not to quote The Wizard of Oz after a performance of Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Pink.
• "So this is true. We crashed Twitter. We just got an email, and we crashed and broke Twitter ... See, Meryl, what we did, you and I?" — DeGeneres, referencing the epic "selfie" (that included Meryl Streep, Bradley Cooper, Angelina Jolie and many others) earlier in the night.
• "So I borrowed Pharrell's hat and thought I'd pass it around to get some money for the pizza." — DeGeneres, referencing Pharrell Williams' famous "Smokey the Bear" hat and pizza she ordered.