News10 World Cup Fan Photo Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the News10 World Cup Fan Photo Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the State of California who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KXTV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Comcast and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 a.m. (P.T.) on Saturday, June 14, 2014 and end at 9:00 p.m. (E.T.) on Sunday, July 13, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
Online Entry. Enter by visiting Sponsor's Facebook page at website (http://www.facebook.com/news10), completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions to upload an original photograph of yourself demonstrating support for a World Cup soccer team. Complete the entry by completing all and any other required fields, including your name, and then submit your entry by clicking on the "Enter me in!" button. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photograph. The entrant must be a subject in the photograph submitted. Entrant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted. Photograph may not have been published previously and no professional photographs will be accepted. Photograph may not depict, display or in any way show a team, country or organization logo, jersey or other items or materials protected by trademark or copyright. All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Photo must have been taken during the past twelve (12)-month period. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or png. Sponsor reserves the rights to refuse any photograph it determines to be obscene, offensive, unacceptable or inappropriate, and any photo depicting frontal nudity will be ineligible and withdrawn. Any other individuals featured in the submitted photograph consents to the submission of their photograph for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party's intellectual property rights. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use the submitted photographs in any way it deems fit and without limitation or compensation to entrants. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Maximum one (1) entry per person. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. A total of one (1) Prize Winner will be selected as follows:
One (1) Prize Winner will be selected after 9:00 p.m. (P.T.) on Sunday, July 13, 2014 from among all eligible entries received as of the time of the drawing for a total of one (1) Prize Winner.
5. Prizes and Odds. Prize Winner will receive one (1) 42-inch, flat screen high-definition television (ARV: $499.00)
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Prize Winner Notification and Acceptance. Prize Winner will be notified within 24 hours of prize drawing via the e-mail address provided on winner's entry form. Prize Winner must respond to such e-mail notification within 48 hours after notification. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim the prize, Prize Winner must personally visit Sponsor's office at 400 Broadway within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. (P.T.) and 12 Noon (P.T.) and between 1:00 p.m. (P.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (P.T.) weekdays) and complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release. A valid photo identification also will be required. Winners may waive his/her right to receive prizes. All prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winners. Prizes and components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prize Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a Prize Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes Prize Winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
8. Copyright. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant's submitted entry, including any accompanying photograph or description, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each entrant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require,
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The News10 World Cup Fan Photo Sweepstakes is sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after July 13, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), "News10 World Cup Fan Photo Sweepstakes," 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Ian Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org, (916) 321-3265.