SACRAMENTO - Now that Sacramento's professional soccer team has an official name, logo and home field, what's left?
According to Sacramento Republic F.C. director Graham Smith, there are a number of important steps planned between now and April 2014 when the team begins play in their inaugural season in the Pro division of the United Soccer League (USL).
Following is a timeline of key events for the Republic and their fans through April 2014, according to Smith:
- Season tickets go on sale for 2014 season
- Initial analysis of potential players from U.S. and abroad begins
- October 5-6: Tryouts at Davis Legacy Soccer Complex
- Second round of tryouts to take place
- Third and final round of tryouts to take place
- Complete coaching staff to be in place
- Training camp begins for 2014 season
- Start of USL Pro 2014 season
* Additional details will be provided as they are received. Return to this story for updates.
Visit the Sacramento Republic website for more details