LIVE VIDEO: News10 Mornings at 6 a.m    Watch
 

Insufficient evidence for arrest in Sandoval case

11:56 AM, Jul 12, 2012   |    comments
Pablo Sandoval Courtesy: Getty Images
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • FILED UNDER

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Investigators say there is not enough evidence to arrest San Francisco Giants slugger Pablo Sandoval for an alleged sexual assault at a hotel near Santa Cruz.

The Santa Cruz County Sherriff's Office completed its investigation Thursday and forwarded the case to the district attorney's office. No charges are expected.

A 21-year-old woman who lives in Santa Cruz County filed a sexual assault complaint against the All-Star third baseman June 1.

The woman told investigators she met a small group of people in downtown Santa Cruz and went to a resort in nearby Aptos, where she says she was assaulted.

Sandoval was contacted at the resort by detectives and cooperated in the investigation.

Sandoval's attorney, Eric Geffon, had previously called the encounter a "consensual, personal relationship of a sexual nature."

The Associated Press

Most Watched Videos