Rockstar Games' 'Grand Theft Auto V'.
Rockstar Games has released a new update for Grand Theft Auto V to address the issues such as the loss of game progress in GTA Online as reported by gamers. The update is also designed to address other technical fixes, tweaks, and enhancements as well. It is now available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
"This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure," stated the company through an official statement. "A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved."
Fixes in this title update include:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
"We apologize for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue - please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this," stated Rockstar.
In the meantime, Rockstar advises GTA Online players to always remember to save the game before leaving it, else any progress made since the previous save might be lost. Players can do this by exiting back to Single Player through the pause menu. Furthermore, if at any point players receive the message "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable", do not either select the "Retry" option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online. Rather, Rockstar advises players to exit Story Mode and attempt to re-enter GTA Online again through the menu in Story Mode.
GTA Online for Grand Theft Auto V launched October 1. The ESRB has rated GTA V as "M for Mature".