SACRAMENTO, CA - At least one propane tank may have exploded during a house fire in south Sacramento on Friday.
Thick, black smoke was seen by emergency crews when they arrived at the home near Fruitridge Road and Hedge Avenue around 4:30 p.m., said paramedic Capt. Jon Rudnicki.
"There were several propane tanks off-gassing in the back of the house, unique building construction that enabled the fire to persistently burn, and a partial roof collapse," Rudnicki said. "After an extended battle crews gained the upper hand and completely extinguished the fire."
No one was injured. Rudnicki said the propane tanks may have been the cause of the explosion.
"At least one of the tanks was compromised and may have released its contents under high heat and pressure," he said.