VACAVILLE, CA - A fire that damaged a home's garage Wednesday afternoon was apparently the result of a youngster playing with matches.
The fire broke out around 2:45 p.m. at a Vacaville home on the 100 block of Glen Circle. Fortunately, the fire only damaged the garage and no one was injured.
Owner Kerri Tauriac was not home at the time of the fire. Her nephew said he was babysitting Tauriac's 11-year-old son when he heard the boy yelling. The nephew then noticed smoke and flames coming from the garage.
After calling 911, the nephew began to battle the fire with a hose in the front yard until firefighters arrived.
Vacaville firefighters quickly contained the blaze and damage was limited to the garage, except for some smoke that filled the inside of the house.