SACRAMENTO - For many in the Sacramento area, the return of spring brings more than beautiful blossoming flowers and blue skies.
Many locals suffer considerably from allergies, and the unseasonable March conditions are bringing on the effects earlier than usual this year.
However, for those plagued by pollen, there are a number of simple steps one can take to help keep the sneezing, coughing and itchy eyes at bay.
Following are seven things allergy sufferers can do help alleviate their symptoms without a prescription:
1. Wash your hair before bed
2. Wash bedding weekly
3. Vacuum twice a week and wear mask and gloves
4. Groom outdoor pets regularly
5. Keep home cool and dry -- below 70 degrees
6. Keep windows closed
7. Change air conditioning filters