STOCKTON, CA - When three people were found dead Monday afternoon at a north Stockton elderly care facility, it wrapped up an incredibly violent day in Stockton and those killings set a homicide record.
The victims were found shot to death at O'Connor Woods, a large and popular Stockton care home.
Police spokesman Joe Silva said two women shot to death were definitely homicide victims, while a third person found dead, a 45-year-old man, was possibly the killer who then took his own life.
Silva also said the man was possibly the murderer at another Stockton homicide scene, near the University of the Pacific. That's where a 64-year-old woman was found shot to death in a home on Regent Street. The vehicle seen leaving that location was the vehicle found a short time later at O'Connor Woods.
This explosion of violence came shortly after a man shot over the weekend at a bar in North Stockton was taken off life support. And early in the morning at an apartment complex near Filbert Street and the Crosstown Freeway, two more men were shot to death. Police described those victims as a documented gang member, and a parolee.
Additionally, two more people were killed over the weekend in Stockton; a man shot to death midday in a McDonalds parking lot, and a woman shot to death Saturday night while riding in a car in the Weston Ranch neighborhood.
Last year Stockton set a city record of 58 homicides, but Monday's violence puts this year's total at 59, unless the man at O'Connor Woods is also a homicide victim, which would up the total to 60.
Silva said no arrests have been made in any of the killings.