News10 asked nationally certified fitness professional and owner of Vertical Fitness Studio Valerie Rush how she got her amazing abs and she shared a few of her secrets with us.
Summer shape-up ab workout #1:
1) Get into a full push up position and then rest your elbows on the floor.
2) Your points of contact with the floor are your toes, hands and elbows.
3) Keep your back straight, pelvis tucked and don't let your back sag.
4) Hold in this position for as long as you can and work up to 2 minutes.
Repeat 3 times
1) Lift your body of the ground and balance on one forearm and stack or stagger your feet.
2) Make sure to contract your abdominals and relax the shoulders and keep hips lifted while remembering to breath.
3) Try holding for 30 seconds each side and work up to 2 minutes.
Repeat 3 times on each side
More about Valerie Rush:
Valerie Rush is a nationally certified fitness professional and owner of Vertical Fitness Studio. Valerie teaches Pole Fitness classes, Cardio-Strength classes as well as Aerial Hoop/Lyra. Her website is http://www.VerticalFitnessStudio.com.
Vertical Fitness Studio on Facebook