If you haven't made your Thanksgiving travel plans yet, you may want to take a gander at Orbitz' list of the 10 busiest and least busy airports for Thanksgiving travel.
Every November, millions of Americans book travel to enjoy some special time with friends and loved ones before slipping into a tryptophan-induced coma. And every year, you see many of those travelers stuck in gargantuan lines at some of the country's biggest travel hubs.
The 10 airports estimated to be the nation's busiest over Turkey weekend were of no great surprise (outside of Ft. Lauderdale perhaps), with destinations like Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco among the bunch.
Top 10 Busiest Airports for Thanksgiving Weekend:
- Chicago O'Hare
- LAX - Los Angeles
- San Francisco International
- New York LaGuardia
- Boston Logan
- JFK - New York
- Orlando International
- Denver International
- Ronald Reagan National - Washington, D.C.
- Ft. Lauderdale International
The 10 least busy airports, to which you'll probably wish you were traveling but in actuality are not, were topped by Buffalo Niagara and Jacksonville International.
10 Least Busy Airports for Thanksgiving Weekend:
- Buffalo Niagara International
- Jacksonville International
- Nashville International
- Sacramento International
- Bradley International - Hartford, CT
- Palm Beach International- Palm Beach, FL
- Cleveland Hopkins International
- John Wayne Airport - Santa Ana, CA
- San Antonio International
- Salt Lake City International
If you're flying into any of the 10 most jammed airports, we wish you good luck with your lengthy wait times and newfound claustrophobic condition. If you're lucky enough to be headed to the other destinations, we encourage you to revel in the jealousy of the majority of Thanksgiving-weary travelers across the country.