Crews work to shut off flammable gas leak in Antelope, Calif.
ANTELOPE, CA - A shelter in place order was given in the Antelope area of Walerga Road and Singing Tree Way due to a flammable gas leak around 10:15 a.m. on Friday.
Michelle Eidman of the Sac Metro Fire Department said the two-inch gas line was ruptured during roadwork.
10 homes closest to the leak were evacuated.
Sac Metro Hazmat crews and four fire engines were dispatched to the scene, and were working with Pacific Gas and Electric to shut off the leak, said Eidman.
According to Eidman, the Hazmat truck carries a device that can clamp off gas line of this size. Crews were working to get that device in place.
Update: Sac Metro announced the gas leak had been capped as of 11:19 a.m.