Suspected Sacramento serial robber.
SACRAMENTO - On Friday, August 17, Sacramento police detectives, along with assistance from SWAT, found and arrested a man suspected of committing a string of armed robberies.
The arrested individual was wanted in connection with four armed robberies spanning from July 31, 2012 to August 13, 2012, said Sgt. Andrew Pettit of the Sacramento Police Dept.
According to Pettit, the first robbery occurred on the 1200 block of O Street where a cab driver was robbed at gunpoint. Then, on August 7, police believe the man struck again, robbing a neighborhood market on the 1700 block of T St. at 9:03 a.m.
Six days later, an armed gunman robbed a convenience store on the 2500 block of Land Park Drive at 1:45 p.m., then returned to the previously robbed market on T St. less than an hour later and committed his fourth robbery, Pettit said.
Key evidence was collected in the ensuing investigation linking the same man to all four robberies.
Due to the ongoing investigation, the man's identity was withheld.