RANCHO CORDOVA - Sacramento Metro Fire crews kept a fire from spreading to an historical restaurant Monday morning.
The fire was in an outdoor storage shed and an exterior wooden staircase at the Sheepherder's Inn restaurant at 11275 Folsom Boulevard, said Assistant Chief Walt White. It was reported at 4:24 a.m.
White said the fire caused an estimated $12,000 in damage and appeared, on initial investigation, to have been set on purpose.
The restaurant building was constructed in the 1900s, White said.