'The Secret World', an MMO from Funcom and EA.
Funcom has announced its commitment to providing monthly updates for its recently-released modern-day massively multiplayer online game The Secret World.
Every month going forward Funcom will be releasing comprehensive game updates filled with new content such as storylines, missions, seasonal events, gameplay enhancements, and entire world regions. These updates will serve players new experiences every month, ensuring there is always something new to discover in the MMO.
"The team is excited to be working on expanding The Secret World," says Senior Producer and Creative Director Ragnar Tørnquist. "We are committing to a very ambitious update schedule, but our goal is, and has always been, to provide our subscribers with new, high-quality content every month."
The Secret World launched on July 3rd. The number of players is growing quickly and to cope with the increasing traffic, Funcom today had to add a new dimension to the game. One dimension can hold tens of thousands of gamers playing at the same time, and due to the game's unique single-server technology players can move seamlessly from one dimension to another to play with their friends anywhere and at anytime no matter what dimension they call home.
The first update will be released July 31st and details on what is included in the update will be made available later this week. In his first State of the Gameto the community published today, Tørnquist also revealed a high-level overview of what players can expect further down the line, including:
* Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
* New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
* Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
* Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
* A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
* Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
* Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
* Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
* More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
* Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically
The Secret World is developed by Funcom and co-published by Electronic Arts.