SACRAMENTO - The job market is fierce with tough competition these days, which makes it even more critical to ace a job interview and impress a future employer.
News10 Good Morning talked to SureWest Chief Financial Officer, Dan Bessey, who shared expert interviweing strategies to improve your chances of landing the job.
The obvious and most common tips include:
- Study and bring a copy of your resume
- Research the company and the interviewer
- Ask questions
- Look professional
- Don't fidget
Here are some strategies you may not have considered:
- Talk in bullet points
- Plan for likely questions, such as, "Tell me a little about yourself"
- Choose four to six areas of your life, mostly professional, which you feel are most important to share with a potential boss.
- Pay attention to body language. Don't over-do-it with hand talking and being overly animated.
- Be sure to make eye contact.
- End the interview with a thoughtful question and be sure to ask when to expect to hear back.