Indie shooter 'Ace of Spades' from UK developer Jagex.
European independent game studio Jagex has launched their latest title, Ace of Spades.
Since Jagex announced their involvement in the game last month, more than 500,000 people have pre-registered on the game's website.
"It has been a long time since I have been this excited about a game launch and we really cannot wait to welcome players into the battle," said David Solari, Chief Marketing Officer for Jagex. "It's been wonderful seeing the community grow and get behind Ace of Spades and we were blown over by having 500,000 registrations for the game in such a short space of time. With Ace of Spades we have something which is unique, challenging and fun so let battle commence."
Ace of Spades combines combat and construction in real-time. Players are able to utilize fortifications, coordinated assaults, stealth, strategy, and tactics in their attempt to achieve one of a variety of set objectives. Alternatively, players can simply design their own bespoke games and objectives to obliterate the enemy from the map.
The game will launch with unique classes, each with their own distinct weapon and utility set:
- Commando: This one man army carries things that go boom! With all brawn and some brains, the Commando is a heavy weapons specialist that will rain destruction down on anyone foolish enough to get in his way.
- Marksman: An expert in covert operations, once the Marksman gets you in his sights you better hope he doesn't pull that trigger, he has razor sharp accuracy and distance is no object.
- Rocketeer: Catch him if you can! With his jet pack the Rocketeer will be getting into all the best tactical locations, ready to ambush you from on high! Once he's taken out his target he'll fly off and wait for the next unsuspecting victim.
- Miner: The Miner is the tunnelling king and an expert at crossing enemy lines undetected! If you don't post a look out he might just collapse your defences without ever having presented a target for you to fire at.
The game will also launch with a selection of game modes which can be played on a variety of maps including:
- Demolition - Destroy the enemy's base before they destroy yours.
- VIP - Protect the VIP.
- Occupation - Defend your base from the opposition, then switch roles and try and plant a bomb in the opposition's base.
- Multi-Hill - Both teams fight to control changing hill points.
- Team Deathmatch - Kill more than the other team. Nice and simple.
- Zombie Mode - Survive the Zombie attack. Get killed by one, you become one.
The game is available to download now via Steam and will cost just $9.99. Learn more at http://www.aceofspades.com/ .