Papa Murphy's USA TODAY High School Sports Fan Photo of the Week Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS and REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Subject to the additional restrictions below. the Papa Murphy's USA Today High School Sports Fan Photo of the Week Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of California who are at least 14 years of age and enrolled in a public or private high school at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KXTV-TV ("Sponsor"), USA TODAY, High School Sports, Gannett Co., Inc. and Papa Murphy's Pizza, and their respective affiliated companies, contractors and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. HOW TO ENTER. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (P.T.) on Friday, August. 24, 2012, 12:01 a.m (P.T.) and end at 12:01 p.m. (P.T.) on Monday, November 26, 2012, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). Entries may be made only between 1:00 p.m. (P.T.) each Saturday during the Contest Period through 12:00 Noon (P.T.) the following Saturday during the Contest Period ("Contest Entry Period").
Email Entry. Enter by submitting up to three (3) photographs showing your high school sports spirit and pride to email@example.com, including name, address, daytime phone number, school, email address and age. No professional photographs will be accepted. Each contestant must be actively enrolled in the school depicted in each of his or her submitted photographs. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photograph, taken by the contestant identified on the entry, and the contestant must own the copyright in the photograph(s) submitted. All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the jpeg format, no larger than 1megabyte in size. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Photographs may not have been taken prior to August 13, 2012. The parent or legal guardian of the contestant must agree to the submission of the photographs for the Contest. Entries that are intended to serve or promote a personal or business endeavor will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the rights to refuse or disqualify any photograph it determines to be obscene, offensive, unacceptable or inappropriate .Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party's intellectual property rights. Contestants certify that any individuals of any age shown in submitted photographs have been informed that their photograph has been entered in a Contest and have no objection to Contestant's submission and Sponsor's display and posting of such photograph for purposes of this Contest. Photographs must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. All entries may be posted on all Sponsor's websites, or displayed on Sponsor's broadcasts, at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not disclose any personal information contained in the entries with any third party.
Maximum one (1) entry per person with a maximum of three (3) photographs submitted per entry. Entries submitted by the same contestant under different user accounts will be disqualified. Each entry must be received by 12:00 Noon. (P.T.) each Saturday during the Contest Entry Period to be qualified for judging and voter selection that week.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive emails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such emails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. WINNER SELECTION. Each Saturday a panel of judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible entries received as of the conclusion of each weekly Contest Entry Period. The criteria used for judging will be how creatively the photograph depicts the contestant's school spirit and school pride. Equal weight will be given to each of these criteria. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding. Entries not selected by the judges during any week of the Contest Period will not carry over to the following week's selection for judging. Each Sunday during the Contest Period, the three (3) submissions that received the highest scores by the judges will be placed on Sponsor's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/news10highschoolsports and available for public voting between each Saturday at 6:00 p.m. (P.T.) until 4:00 p.m. (P.T.) each Monday by individuals who are 14 years or older and who are registered users of Sponsor's Facebook page. Only one (1) vote per person per day per owner of an ISP account per email address. Voters will be asked to vote for the entry that most creatively displays school spirit and school pride. The entry with the highest number of recorded eligible votes as of 4:01 p.m. (P.T.) each Monday of the Contest Period will be that week's winner. In the event of a tie among any of the entries for any week, that week's winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entries. Entries not selected as any week's winner will not carry over to the following week's selection for voting. There will be a total of 14 winners during the Contest Period.
5. PRIZES and ODDS. Each winner will receive coupons worth $50 for food and drink at participating Papa Murphy's Pizza locations. Coupons must be used by December 31, 2012.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Each winner will be notified the Monday that such winner is selected at the email address provided with the winner's photo submission. Each winner must respond to the winner notification within 24 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. When each week's winner is verified no later than Wednesday of each week, Sponsor will also announce the identity of that winner on its Wednesday 6:00 p.m. (P.T.) and 11:00 p.m. (P.T.) newscasts during the Contest period. To claim the prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor's office at 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818 during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. (P.T.) through 4:30 p.m. (P.T.), weekdays) within ten (10) week days after notification. A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. PARTICIPATION. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected entries, poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. By participating in this promotion, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of participant's participation in the promotion, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the promotion or any prize. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
9. COPYRIGHT. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant's submitted entry, including any accompanying photograph or description, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
10. CONSTRUCTION. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. SPONSOR. The Papa Murphy's USA Today High School Sports Fan Photo of the Week Contest is sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after Dec. 14, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), Papa Murphy's USA Today High School Sports Fan Photo of the Week Contest, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact KXTV-Web@news10 or (916) 321-3300.